Hand-held protein models transport people into an invisible universe of molecular biology. To create your very own 3D printed protein model, take a second and read more about the design and fabrication process and then fill out our submission form. We look forward to helping you communicate science to the people
Custom 3D Printed Protein Model Design Process
- Complete this form, including a PDB ID
- Your quote will include
- 1-time design and 3D modeling fee
- Costs to print the protein. This price is determined by: 1) complexity of protein model 2) size of requested print
- Costs to ship the protein
- Digital preview of requested model
- Visit our Shop to see pricing examples to purchase a 3D print. (This price does not include the 1-time design fee.)
- Once payment is received, then our team will then submit your model to the printer.
- After the design of the model is complete and approved for printing, we will submit your order and have the print shipped directly to you.
- Future prints can be purchased online at a reduced price that does not include the one-time cost to design the model.
- Please note, it takes many hours to process data into a printable protein model. It’s impossible to accurate estimate the cost of a protein model just by analyzing the data set. Only after data processing is complete can an accurate quote be generated. Cost of our design services varies by complexity of request. Volumetric models cost the least to design. Ball and stick, ribbon, or a combination of the three types of visualization cost the most.
- Change Requests: An additional change request fee is included to update initial designs and varies by complexity of request. Therefore, customer requested revisions after our initial quote should be considered an agreement to contract our design services and payment for the design fee should be made up front before proceeding.