This is an Interactive Model of Glycated Hemoglobin A1c. It is a made from high-quality plastics cast from silicon molds. Attached the transparent surface of Hemoglobin are 16 magnetized pieces of glucose. Each piece is held in place by a magnet cast inside the plastic model. I designed this model to help explain the complex and confusing HbA1c diabetes blood test. It has been used in diabetes camps, by hospitals and diabetes educators to help people with diabetes better understand the dangers of high blood sugar.
Model Photo Gallery
Use the Glycated Hemoglobin A1c Teaching Model to explain a variety of concepts related to management of blood glucose.
- Demonstrate protein glycation by attaching and detaching magnetized glucose
- Explain the HbA1c blood test by adding glucose to the model
- Explain the dangers of high blood sugar by demonstrating how sugar binds to proteins throughout the body
- Help patients remember their HbA1c test result using the chart on the back of the Glycated Hemoglobin A1c information card
- Give the model to patients for use as desktop reminders monitor their blood glucose